Friday, September 5, 2014

Baptism of an Arctic Warrior Part V: Reflections on Destiny


I already explained how I kind of sort of in a round-about way chose Alaska as my first duty station in Part I of the Baptism of an Arctic Warrior Mini-Series. I won't rehash the story, but I will take a moment and reflect on Destiny.

What did I do with three years? Let's see. 

-Deployed to Afghanistan 
-Survived "The Legend"
-Scarecrow in Wizard of Oz
-Stryker Gunnery in Arctic Conditions
-Cold Weather Leader's Course
-Played a Dangerous Game (that I won)
-S3 Shop Veteran / Staff Wizard Level 20 (Paragon Level)
-The Road Trip that Wasn't
-More S3 Shop Shenanigans (TOCEX, LL, AS3, S3)
-Willy Wonka in Willy Wonka
-Many Holiday Dinners with the Newmans
-Tauren Marines
-Get out, Stay in, Get out, Stay in... w/e just Stay in for now
-Alexander Screenplay
-JRTC
-Body By S3
-Genesis of the Iron Temple
-Identity Crisis
-Baptism of an Arctic Warrior
-The Beluga Lady
-GOLD LEAGUE FINALLY
-Rainiest Summer EVER (seriously though, it set a record)
-Zip Line Talkeetna

This list is for me, not you, so sorry if some (or most) of this list doesn't make any sense. I'm sure there are other things that happened in the past three years that are worth remembering, but these are the ones that came to me with the least amount of thought, which signals to me that they are the most influential. I'm not sure that I'm satisfied with my own performance in the past three years (Alexander had conquered Persia by my age and Arnold had already won 6 Mr. Olympias), but I am confident that I have firmly caught on to the coattails of Destiny. I trust her to lead me to my journey's end. 

And so, from the Frozen North I fly south, not just for the winter but for the foreseeable future, to the Borderland Deserts of Arizona.

I can't wait to see the Sun again. 

Yes, I mean you, Sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment