Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Swindled


So I've just been swindled by a beautiful Israeli girl and I don't really seem to mind.

I knew that this winter would be one to remember. Things just keep getting crazier and crazier. Due to a series of (un)fortunate events, I will be working in the S3 shop (operations) as opposed to being an XO for another company. A glorified scheduler, really. Much more my style at the moment.

Unfortunately, this change means that I will have to rescind my nomination for the part of Jesus in Jesus Christ Superstar. When I was told that we would be doing a field problem during the week of the show, and subsequently informed that there was no way I would be able to get out of it, I felt sick. Almost threw up in fact. I didn't even realize how badly I wanted to do it until that moment.

And then Hawaii. Ahhh Hawaii. I cannot wait to live in a place like Hawaii. whether it's California or Florida or anywhere else in the world where it's warm and sunny ALL the time doesn't matter - just the fact that I can walk outside barefoot during winter is good enough for me.

I feel like there's a lot of opportunity here, too... As we drove through Honolulu for the first time, I kept thinking of all the business opportunities here. I kept imagining myself working here somewhere... Then I saw that Wicked was playing here. A theater troupe in Hawaii? Sounds like a dream come true to me.

We've only been here two days, but already Fate's hand has moved me like its pawn. Destiny led us to the mall, where we took a round about way of ending up exactly where we started - which put us in the perfect position to be ambushed by an Israeli provocatrix selling skin creams. Let's just say, Mom and Sister are getting hooked up for Christmas this year.

Ben said to me the other day, "I don't get blogs. I mean, who really cares that much about what one person thinks?" Welp, I care about how I think. That's all this is. A voyage into my inner psychie. A chance for me to explore what's going on inside my head via a media that I can review at a later date, that I can quantify and compare. A way to look back and try to figure out how exactly I spent that much money on mud for your face, and why I didn't really mind. Thusly some of these posts will be for you (my imaginary audience) and most of them will be for me. You can tell the difference because I seem to be writing in code when I write to myself, and I write somewhat expository when it is for someone else's benefit. But really it's all for me. One day I'll publish it for posterity. It's my journal. A travel log of the trip through the inner recessess of a strange and unorthodox mind. Or maybe it's a pretty standard mind, I couldn't say. And you're along for the ride.

Tangent(s) complete. I love the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment