Friday, May 11, 2012

The Signals of the Onset of a Post

Indeed, I have returned. After five months of trekking through the desert wastelands of southern Afghanistan, I have returned to paradise (by association). America is as close as we're going to get, people. Just take my word for it.

It took me a while to get back to real life, as all I've wanted to do for the past couple weeks is completely veg out. You don't even realize how much work you do over there until you're not doing it anymore. I'm talking a literal 24/7 work schedule. People would come into my room/office at 3AM to tell me I've got new tasks at 5AM - after a night of tasks up to 1AM. So forgive me while I veg, but that's what I want to do with my time right now.

But like all good veg sessions and vacations, you eventually get tired of the hedonistic pleasure-seeking and start to think about meaning and purpose and direction and all that. So here I am, once again, putting the random bits of direction and meaning I encounter in every-day life to (digital) ink.

Welcome back, everyday life. I missed you. And the torrent of emotions that randomly slam into my soul at the most unsuspecting of moments, signaling the onset of a blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment