Sunday, November 13, 2011

"See the world!" they said....

I left Ft. Benning Sep. 23, found out I was going to Afghanistan on Sep. 28, was told I would leave in two weeks, then in another week, then in another two weeks and didn't actually leave until Nov. 15. Granted, I still haven't left, but the point is that I'm finally set to depart this coming week. 

Getting pushed back so many times doesn't bother me too much; it's the Army and that's how things are done. But I am finally glad to either be going or not. The "maybe" and the weird place in-between has not been fun. Neither has been living in a hotel room for a month and a half. 

In any case, I got my bags packed and ready to go. Next few days I'm just trying to make it out of here. If I do, I'll see you in four to five months. I might get to update you in country, I might not. I'm going in blind, not really sure of anything that's going on over there. In any case, this is me to me and you - see you on the other side. 


No comments:

Post a Comment